Authorities confirm that fugitive Joseph Jakubowski was captured Friday morning.
Jakubowski is accused of stealing weapons from a Janesville gun store and has been on the run since April 4.
Authorities say he was taken into custody at around 6 a.m. in Vernon County, southeast of La Crosse and around 125 miles northwest of Janesville.
According to a news release, the Vernon County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a suspicious person on a farmer’s property on Estes Road near Readstown, Wisconsin.
- EXCLUSIVE: Read Jakubowski Manifesto
The individual matched Jakubowski's description and refused to leave when asked to depart a campsite.
Local authorities established a perimeter around the campsite and made contact with the suspicious person shortly before 6 a.m. He was taken into custody without incident and identified as Jakubowski.
"With the threats that he had been making and his 161 page manifesto, making threats towards law enforcement, schools, we were very concerned," Vernon County Sheriff John Spears said.
Jakubowski has been on the run for more than a week after allegedly stealing 18 guns, two silencers and ammunition from a Janesville, Wisconsin gun store and made threats against public officials and schools.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office says Jakubowski wrote a 161-page manifesto to President Donald Trump in which he detailed a long list of grievances against the government and spoke of plans to launch attacks with the firearms he allegedly stole.
Arrangements are being made for Jakubowski to be returned to Rock County for further investigation and charges.
More information will come at a 2 p.m. news conference.
- GALLERY:What We Know About Joseph Jakubowski
- Joseph Jakubowski Manhunt: The Latest Updates
- Stepfather: Jakubowski 'As Dangerous As They Say He Is'
- "Time For Change": Video Appears To Show Janesville Manhunt Suspect Mailing Manifesto To Trump
- Rock County Community On Edge As Manhunt Continues
- Schools Close Amid Wisconsin Manhunt For Gun Theft Suspect
- Police: Suspicious Incident At Sun Prairie Church Could Be Related To Manhunt For Joseph Jakubowski
- Rock County Sheriff's Office Release New Pictures Of Joseph Jakubowski
- Police Track 200 Leads In Search For Wisconsin Gun Theft Suspect Joseph Jakubowski
- Police: Man Matching Janesville Manhunt Suspect Reported In Darlington Sunday
- Extra Patrols Added To Rock Co. Churches Sunday