Authorities say Joseph Jakubowski was well-armed when he was taken into custody on Friday morning in southwest Wisconsin.
Investigators spoke about the case at a Friday afternoon news conference in Janesville.
According to an FBI official, Jakubowski had four handguns, one long gun, multiple boxes of ammunition, a samurai-type sword, a ballistic vest, helmet, containers of flammable liquids and a copy of his manifesto when he was arrested without incident in Vernon County.
Officials say Jakubowski will face at least three felonies related to the burglary of a Janesville gun store earlier this month, with additional charges likely.
Police received the tip that a man matching Jakubowski's description was camped out on a piece of property Thursday night.
Tactical teams set up a perimeter around Jakubowski and moved in around 6 a.m.
Police were prepared for any scenario, not knowing how Jabukowski would react.
"The concern that we had was what was his end game? How did he envision this ending for himself and for our community? We're fortunate enough that he wasn't able to complete it and we were able to get him into custody," Janesville Police Chief David Moore said.
Jeff Gorn, the farmer who found Jakubowski on his property Thursday night, did not recognize him as the fugitive law enforcement was looking for, but called police after speaking with him for an hour and noticing suspicious signs.
Officials said Friday it's yet to be determined whether Gorn will gets the $20,000 reward offered in the case.
- GALLERY: What We Know About Joseph Jakubowski
- Joseph Jakubowski Manhunt: The Latest Updates
- Stepfather: Jakubowski 'As Dangerous As They Say He Is'
- "Time For Change": Video Appears To Show Janesville Manhunt Suspect Mailing Manifesto To Trump
- Rock County Community On Edge As Manhunt Continues
- Schools Close Amid Wisconsin Manhunt For Gun Theft Suspect
- Police: Suspicious Incident At Sun Prairie Church Could Be Related To Manhunt For Joseph Jakubowski
- Rock County Sheriff's Office Release New Pictures Of Joseph Jakubowski
- Police Track 200 Leads In Search For Wisconsin Gun Theft Suspect Joseph Jakubowski
- Police: Man Matching Janesville Manhunt Suspect Reported In Darlington Sunday
- Extra Patrols Added To Rock Co. Churches Sunday