The Bucks are playing for their first championship in 50 years. The Phoenix Suns have never won an NBA title. So who would have predicted this NBA Finals match-up?
Jarrett Plahmer did. The UW-Madison student sent out this prediction all the way back in 2016: "2021 NBA finals Bucks vs Suns game 7 Bucks win 123-115."
2021 NBA finals Bucks vs Suns game 7 Bucks win 123-115— Jarrett Plahmer (@Plahm1) November 3, 2016
"There was a tweet by some Cubs fan in 2016 who predicted that Game 7, Cubs will beat the Indians, and that was 5 years prior to that," Plahmer said. "15-year-old me was sitting there and I'm like 'what can I predict in five years?' This is what I came up with."
CHASING A CHAMPIONSHIP: MORE COVERAGE:
- Game 1: Bucks Play In NBA Finals For First Time In 47 Years Tuesday Night
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Doubtful For Game 1 Of NBA Finals
- NBA Finals Schedule Set: Here's When To Watch The Bucks
- Bucks To Open Fiserv Forum For Watch Parties During Away Games
- Standing Room Only Tickets For NBA Finals Home Games On Sale Now
- 50 Years Later: An Oral History Of The 1971 Championship Bucks
Plahmer said he picked the Bucks because they're his favorite team, and picked the Suns because they're his second-favorite team.
Let's hope the last part of his prediction comes true as well - a Bucks win in Game 7!