ATLANTA (AP) — Joc Pederson enhanced his “Joctober” nickname with a three-run, pinch-hit homer and the Atlanta Braves shut down Milwaukee once again, beating the Brewers 3-0.
That gave the Braves a 2-1 edge in the NL Division Series. Ian Anderson and the Braves bullpen combined on a five-hitter and won by a 3-0 score for the second straight game.
MORE COVERAGE: CHASING A CHAMPIONSHIP
- Everything You Need To Know About The Brewers-Braves NLDS
- NLDS Full Schedule: Dates, Times For All Games
- New Foods Announced For Brewers Postseason Games
- MECCA Sports Bar and Grill, The Beer Garden To Host Brewers Watch Parties
- Here's How And When To Get Your Brewers NLCS Tickets
Boosted by shortstop Dansby Swanson’s athletic defense, Atlanta can try to reach its second straight NL Championship Series when it hosts Game 4 on Tuesday. Pederson’s homer in the fifth inning was his second of the series. He singled as a pinch-hitter in his only other at-bat in this series, and has driven in four of Atlanta’s seven runs. Pederson has hit 11 postseason home runs in his career.