MILWAUKEE — To the Rebound Milwaukee and managing the pressure.
This year has been especially hard on families with children.
This includes Chaundra Pearson who was out of work for four months due to the pandemic. She was able to get help with food and recipes to feed her 3-year-old son through ‘The Y.’
“They sent us home with fresh produce and fresh fruits and vegetables are you know kinda costly,” said Pearson, “So I appreciate having that during this rough time.”
Chaundra and her son are not alone. Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin collaborated with The YMCA to pass out fresh produce with their farm-to-family program.
3,100 boxes have been given out at The YMCA's Milwaukee and Brown Deer locations since the start of this pandemic.
“They were able to receive the boxes and get them into the hands of families the same day they received the boxes and thats so important,” said Scott Marshall, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.
Inside each 25 pound box is fresh produce, milk and recipes.
“The recipes were really focused on kid friendly,” said Michelle King Rimer, The Y Health Dietitian.
Rimer even took to Facebook to show families how to make the recipes live.
“Recipes to go along with that really helped us and also created a fun family time for me and my son as well to prepare those meals at the end of every day,” said Pearson.
Here is your Rebound Rundown:
- The Y has partnered with Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin to give out free farm-to-family produce boxes.
- They will ramp up these giveaways next spring, learn more by emailing: email@example.com
- You can donate money to Feeding America by clicking here.
- Resources You Can Use To Get Through The COVID-19 Pandemic
- We're Open: These Restaurants Are Offering Carryout, Delivery
- Resources For Getting Kids Safely Back to School