A UW-Madison graduate helped create a platform helping match children with the perfect teacher to help with their studies in this pandemic.
Mother of three Amy Lundy says she and two other moms came up with the idea, when the entrepreneur realized she could not keep up with teaching her 10, seven, and three-year-old children.
“For instance, in math, I’m not getting there the same way that they're supposed to get there these days," said Lundy.
- Resources You Can Use To Get Through The COVID-19 Pandemic
- We're Open: These Restaurants Are Offering Carryout, Delivery
- Resources For Getting Kids Safely Back to School
That was how TheLearningMatch.com was born, adding, “We’re trying to create a very affordable option for families to find the help that they need to get through this difficult time.”
Teachers across the country can sign up. Many are from Wisconsin. Parents have the comfort in knowing the teacher’s credentials and certifications are vetted.
When you log onto their website you can filter the search by your needs including what you’re willing to pay. Amy said it helped that there was a way to learn more about the teacher’s personality, “I liken this website to like a matchmaking service.”
The same goes for the teacher who can find a long-lasting working relationship with a family that goes beyond the pandemic while making some extra cash.
Here is your Rebound Rundown:
- TheLearningMatch.com is free for parents through at least Dec. 31.
- The site will always be free for teachers.
- You work out payments directly with the teachers you connect with on the site.