Overpasses along I-794 were lined with firefighters, community members and locals who paid their final respects to Officer Matthew Rittner.
- First Responders Post Tributes To Fallen Officer
- First Responders Line Procession Route For Fallen Officer
- MPD Chief Honors Three Fallen Officers [VIDEO]
- Rewatch Funeral And Procession For Fallen MPD Officer
- Fallen MPD Officer Matthew Rittner Laid To Rest [PHOTOS]
- Family, Friends, Coworkers Honor Matthew Rittner At His Funeral [VIDEOS]
Along the Whitnall overpass, firefighters with Milwaukee County Fire Department arrived two hours before the procession started waiting for the moment that the hearse would pass underneath them.
As it did, firefighters stood at attention and saluted their fellow brother. Although Officer Rittner worked with Milwaukee Police, the firefighters said they are all one unit made of dedicated men and woman who are committed to serving their community.
"We are all thinking about them. We have all taken some time to reflect and to remember and to show our respect. We like to think of them as brothers and sisters in what we do and when something like this happens, we all feel it," said firefighter Taylor Collins.
As the procession passed through the northbound lanes, the southbound lanes were at a standstill, many got out of their cars and stood with their hand on their heart to say goodbye.