MILWAUKEE -- A week after Milwaukee Police Officer Matthew Rittner was killed, his funeral was held at the Assembly of God Church in Oak Brook Wednesday afternoon.
- First Responders Post Tributes To Fallen Officer
- First Responders Line Procession Route For Fallen Officer
- MPD Chief Honors Three Fallen Officers [VIDEO]
- Rewatch Funeral And Procession For Fallen MPD Officer
- Fallen MPD Officer Matthew Rittner Laid To Rest [PHOTOS]
- Family, Friends, Coworkers Honor Matthew Rittner At His Funeral [VIDEOS]
During the ceremony, several people closest to the officer spoke about his contagious smile, laughter and great character that he portrayed throughout his life.
The first man to talk was Alex Gibbs, Rittner's brother in-law.
Next up was Rittner's partner of eight years, Matthew Murray. Murray and Rittner shared many memories together.
Once Murray was finished, it was LT. Derrick Harris's heartfelt speech that went into detail on Rittner's service in the Tactical Enforcement Unit.
Last, but not least it was Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales that went to the podium and thanked Rittner. Morales also discussed MPD and how difficult it is being a police officer or personally knowing one.
Once the heartfelt speeches were finished, the ceremony continued as Rittner's casket was carried out of the church and into the hearse. Once out of the church, a gun salute was performed and Taps was played.
Once Taps was over, the ceremony at the church concluded with Last Call.