Nearly a week after the city of Milwaukee implemented a mask mandate, a study by WalletHub shows that Wisconsin has the second-fewest coronavirus restrictions in the country.
States in the top 5 are as follows:
- South Dakota
California had the most restrictions.
- The Rebound Milwaukee: Resources For Getting Back To Normal
- We're Open: These Restaurants Are Still Offering Carryout And Delivery
To come up with these results, WalletHub analyzed 18 different metrics ranging from mask requirements to penalties for not
following certain COVID-19 legislation. The study included all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Here is how Wisconsin fared in 9 out of 18 metrics (1 = fewest restrictions and 51 = most restrictions) :
- 1st – Requirement to Wear a Face Mask in Public
- 1st – Workplace Temperature Screening
- 1st – Reopening of Child-Care Programs
- 15th – Travel Restrictions
- 2nd – Large Gatherings Restrictions
- 7th – Strictness of “Shelter in Place” Order
- 6th – Reopening of Non-Essential Businesses
- 2nd – Reopening of Restaurants and Bars
- 1st – Working from Home Requirements/Recommendations
To see the entire report and the full list of metrics used to come up with these results click here.