MILWAUKEE — Our own Vince Vitrano said it best on "Live at Noon." "I grew up here. We don't deal well with change in this town."
- MORE COVERAGE: No More Miller Park? Brewers Announce Naming Rights Change
- Social Media Explodes With Rage Over Miller Park Name Change
- Thousands Sign Petition To Keep Miller Park Name
- MillerCoors: 'We're Proud To Welcome American Family'
- American Family Insurance Has Deep Ties To Wisconsin
It appears as though many Brewers fans are following in the same category, regarding the naming rights to Miller Park.
Miller Park always seemed like the perfect compromise between selling out for a corporate sponsorship and having a meaningful name to the organization that plays in it. Sad to see it be changed..— J.S. (@olsenjolsen) January 22, 2019
Even an account associated with the rival Chicago Cubs has expressed displeasure with the change.
American Family Insurance, once called Farmers Mutual Insurance, was founded in Madison in 1927. For 92 years, this company, which reportedly will get the naming rights to the Milwaukee Brewers' stadium in 2020, has continued to expand its deep roots in Wisconsin.
For more information on this new partnership, click here .