The Department of Workforce Development said it will begin issuing Federal Pandemic Unemployment compensation payments today.
The DWD said that FPUC is a temporary increase of $600 per week in unemployment benefits. It provides extra money to anyone who is receiving unemployment benefits from:
- Regular Unemployment Insurance (UI)
- Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees (UCFE)
- Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service members (UCX)
- Partial Unemployment Compensation
- Resources You Can Use To Get Through The COVID-19 Pandemic
- The List: These Restaurants Are Offering Carryout, Delivery
- FULL COVERAGE: Coronavirus News And Resources You Can Use
The payment is automatically added to their benefit payments, so no action is needed.
Those who filed a claim before April 4 will see the payment retroactively paid starting that week.
Find more information here.