MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee VA will begin restricting “most visitors” due to COVID-19 concerns.
“Restrictions will remain in place until the transmission of the COVID-19 Coronavirus is no longer a treat to veterans or staff,” a press release said.
The VA will permit limited exceptions to the visitor restriction for:
- Patients who are at end-of-life (hospice and palliative)
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety)
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures (must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery)
- Visitors allowed in our facilities will only be permitted in the respective patient's room. Once the visitor leaves the patient’s room, he or she must leave the facility.
This applies to hospitals in Union Grove, Cleveland, Appleton, and Green Bay.
The VA said that this temporary ban will be lifted when COVID-19 is, “no longer a threat to veterans or staff.”