MILWAUKEE COUNTY — As the summer approaches, the meals many children depend on from local public schools will halt for the summer. To ensure Milwaukee County youth have access to a nutritious meal every day, the county is offering free meals to area youth.
These free meals will be available at multiple locations and to anyone 18 or younger that meet certain criteria.
The six locations the meals will be offered at:
- Lighthouse Youth Center (Garden Homes), 2475 W. Roosevelt Dr. Milwaukee, 6/8/2020 - 8/7/2020, 12pm-12:50pm 4:15pm-4:45pm, M-F
- St. Paul COGIC, 2661 N. 53rd Milwaukee, 6/17/2020 - 7/17/2020, 11:30am12:30pm, M-F
- Ma'Ruf Center For Youth Innovation, 2110 W. Hampton Ave Milwaukee, 6/8/2020 - 8/7/2020, 8am-9am and 11am-12pm, M-F
- Lighthouse Youth Center - Havenwoods, 5641 N. 68th St. Milwaukee, 6/8/2020 - 8/7/2020 12pm-1pm and 4:40pm-5pm, M-F
- Woodlands The Resource Center, 8856 N. 91st St. Unit G Milwaukee, 6/8/2020 - 8/7/2020, 12pm-1pm and 3pm-4pm, M-F
- C. Renee Multicultural Center, 6090 N. 35th St. Milwaukee, 6/8/2020 - 8/7/2020, 9:30am-10:30am and 12:30pm-1:30pm, M-F
Children over the age of 18 can still receive these free meals if they are part of a public or private non-profit school program during the regular school year where they may also receive free meals. They would also be eligible if the state or local public educational agency determines the person has a mental or physical disability.
This program is done in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
To learn more about the program and to learn more about eligibility requirements go to the Summer Food Service Program website.