The Wisconsin State Fair is back for its 165 year! We broke down the top ten things that makes the Wisconsin State Fair experience.
The Wisconsin State Fair runs from August 4 through August 14.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Thursday, August 4: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday, August 5: 8 a.m. to Midnight
- Saturday, August 6: 8 a.m. to Midnight
- Sunday, August 7: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Monday, August 8: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday, August 12: 8 a.m. to Midnight
- Saturday, August 13: 8 a.m. to Midnight
- Sunday, August 14: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Adults (12 & over): $12.00
- Seniors (60 & older): $7.00
- Military/Veterans w/ ID: $7.00
- Youth (ages 6-11): $6.00
- Children (5 & under): FREE
To continue viewing, scroll down or click NEXT on the bottom right of your page.
1) THE DEALS
We are on the final stretch of summer and chances are you may have already spent a lot. Luckily, Wisconsin State Fair has a list of special promotions to help you save money at the fair.
SPECIAL ADMISSION PROMOTIONS
- Thursday, August 4: Wells Fargo $2 Day benefiting Hunger Task Force
- Friday, August 5: Celebrate Wisconsin Day
- Monday, August 8: Kohl's Family Value Day
- Tuesday, August 9: Humana Senior Recognition Day
- Wednesday, August 10: Meijer Day
- Sunday, August 14: Miller High Life Veterans & Military Recognition Day
BREWERS $15 FAIR DAYS DOUBLE PLAY
- The Milwaukee Brewers and Wisconsin State Fair have partnered up, so you can enjoy one day at the Wisconsin State Fair and see one Brewers home game at Miller Park. Click here for more information.
STATE FAIR BARGAIN COUPON BOOKS
- State Fair Bargain Books are available for $4.00, and contain 89 coupons for discounts on food, drinks, rides, shows, and more throughout the festival. For more information, click here.
CALL 4 ACTION: Do Warehouse Clubs Offer The Best Deals?
2) THE MUSIC
Summerfest is not the only summer festival with music. Check out these headliners performing throughout the fair.
STATE FAIR MAIN STAGE SCHEDULE
- Thursday, August 4 at 7:30 p.m: Shawn Mendes
- Friday, August 5 at 8 p.m.: Halestorm
- Saturday, August 6 at 8 p.m.: Rascal Flatts
- Sunday, August 7 at 7:30 p.m.: Happy Together Tour
- Monday, August 8 at 7:30 p.m.: Newsboys
- Tuesday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m.: Berlin
- Wednesday, August 10 at 7:30 p.m.: Happy Days Live
- Thursday, August 11 at 7:30 p.m.: Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo and Melissa Etheridge
- Friday, August 12 at 7 p.m.: I Love the 90's
- Saturday, August 13 at 7:30 p.m.: Phillip Phillips and Matt Nathanson
- Sunday, August 14 at 6 p.m.: The Beach Boys
NOTE: State Fair Main Stage shows have assigned seating and require additional fee.
BANK MUTUAL AMPHITHEATER SCHEDULE
- Friday, August 5 & Saturday, August 6 at 8:30 p.m.: Here Come the Mummies
- Sunday, August 7 at 8 p.m.: Kids From Wisconsin
- Monday, August 8 & Tuesday, August 9 at 8 p.m.: Alex Meixner Band
- Wednesday, August 10 at 8 p.m.: The Love Monkeys
- Thursday, August 11 at 8 p.m. & Friday, August 12 at 8:30 p.m.: Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone
- Saturday, August 13 at 8 p.m.: The Swon Brothers with Caroline Kole & Courtney Cole
- Sunday, August 14 at 6 p.m.: Mr. & Mrs. State Fair Physique Competition
3) THE FOOD
There's no shortage in the variety of food at the Wisconsin State Fair. In fact, there's so much to list, Wisconsin State Fair has a "Food Finder" section of their website. To find your favorite fair food, click here.
CRAZY GRAZIN' DAY - AUGUST 9
- Can't pick your favorite festival food? Here's your chance to try them all. Sample food, at a smaller size and price from over 50 festival vendors. For more information, click here.
4) THE CREAM PUFFS
- With an average of 350,000 consumed each year, Cream Puffs have been a Wisconsin State Fair Tradition since 1924.
- Cream puffs are available in the Original Cream Puff Pavilion and two other places in the Fair Park. You can purchase them individually, or in three-packs or six-packs.
5) THE SPORKIES
- It's no secret, State Fair has some of the oddest food around. To showcase this uniqueness, the State Fair started an Annual Food Competition called the Sporkies.
- Each year, eight finalists are selected from dozens of entries, and a panel of celebrity judges chooses three "Golden Spork Award" recipients.
- The final judging of the Sporkies will take place on August 10 at 11 a.m. in the Bank Mutual Amphitheater. To view the eight finalists for the competition, click here.
6) THE RIDES
- What is a fair, without rides? Spincity Amusement Ride and Game Area will make you scream or smile with over 50 rides and attractions.
- It will cost you around three to five tickets per ride during the fair.
You can buy tickets in the following quantities:
- Individually for $1
- 25 tickets for $20
- 40 tickets for $30
- If you are planning on riding all of the rides, think about investing in a GoRide Wristband. The wristband gets on all the rides you want until 9 p.m. on the day of purchase. Wristbands are available for $35 on weekdays and $40 on weekends.
SPECIAL SECTION: Summer Like a Rock Star
7) THE SHOPPING
Not only is the State Fair full of food, the rides, and music, it also has several unique shopping opportunities with four major shopping areas.
- The Exposition Center features 200,000 square feet of unique vendors. This is where you will find the latest "as seen on TV" products.
- The Central Marketplace offers more "accessory products" such as handmade dolls or Miche bags.
- The Galleria allows you to shop and customize your purchases, such as backpacks, shirts, and charms.
- The Westside Marketplace combines the shopping experience with music and food. Shoppers can enjoy a variety of ethnic entertainment, food, and products.
SPECIAL SECTION: Road to Rio
8) THE ANIMALS
There is no shortage of your favorite farm animals during this 11-day festival. Residents from across the state work-hard to raise and show these animals for this State Fair. To see the judging and the results of the Livestock, click here.
SPECIAL SECTION: Animal Stories
9) THE ART
You're probably overwhelmed by all the different things going on during the fair. Perhaps a forgotten one, is the art on display. There is also judging for different art competitions. The categories are listed before...
- Young People's Art Exhibit
- Plein Air
- Textile & Crafts
For more information, click here.
CALL 4 ACTION: Scams Targeting Millennials
10) SEEING YOU!
Last year, the Wisconsin State Fair drew in a record breaking 1,033,053 guests. We look forward to seeing all you fair-goers again!