MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee Public Schools is offering packaged breakfasts and lunches, plus a 'Winter Break Meal Bundle' ahead of the holiday break.
The meals are available at the district's Stop, Grab, and Go locations from Dec. 21 and Dec. 22, 2020.
- The Rebound Milwaukee: Resources For Getting Back To Normal
- We're Open: These Restaurants Are Still Offering Carryout And Delivery
On Dec. 21, families can pick up two breakfast and two lunch packages for each student or child age 18 and younger.
On Dec. 22, Winter Break Meal Bundles will be available. Every child age 18 or younger can receive a bundle, which includes recipes. Because several items are refrigerated or frozen, families are asked to make space in the refrigerator and freezer, according to the district.
Winter Break Meal Bundles will include the following items:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 large can peaches
- Frozen items:
- 1 pound diced chicken
- 1 quart sliced carrots
- 1 quart green peas
- 1 quart blueberries
- 8 4-oz. cups orange juice
- 16 pancakes
- Refrigerated items:
- 8 8-oz. cartons 1% white milk
- 8 8-oz. cartons skim chocolate milk