The temperatures are cooling off and winter will be here soon. Let's look at a few ways to make sure your vehicle is ready to hit the road this winter.
Review your vehicle:
- Check the battery, make sure it is in good working condition
- Test the tires to make sure they have proper tread
- Check the tires to make sure they are inflated to the right psi (this can fluctuate with changes in temperature)
- Make sure the headlights and windshield wipers are in good condition
- Brush up on how to use 4-wheel drive (if your vehicle has this option)
- If possible, keep the gas tank half full
For information on what to include in a winter weather preparedness kit to put in your vehicle, click here.