The Green Bay Packers need a miracle to make an NFL record-tying ninth postseason.
After their 31-24 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Green Bay needs the Atlanta Falcons to lose all three remaining games, including Monday night in Tampa Bay.
If they lose that contest, their hopes are done.
However, if Tampa Bay wins and the Falcons lose the rest of their contests, it becomes a three-way battle between the Packers, Cowboys and Seahawks.
The Packers would need, to make the playoffs:
1) Beat both the Vikings on Dec. 23 and the Lions on Dec. 31.
2) Three Falcons losses to finish 8-8
- Dec. 18 vs. Tampa Bay
- Dec. 24 at New Orleans
- Dec. 31. vs. Carolina
3) The winner of the Seattle-Dallas game on Dec. 24 to lose in Week 17, so both those teams would finish 9-7
- Dec. 31: Dallas at Philadelphia
- Dec. 31: Seattle vs. Arizona
Green Bay owns tiebreakers on the Cowboys and Seahawks due to head-to-head, including a three-way tiebreaker in such a scenario.
Let's just let the games play out. Stay tuned.