Ceviche is a tasty dish that involves marinating seafood in acidic ingredients like citrus for a short time. This version is bright and refreshing with shrimp, lemon, and lime, and is a great way to escape back to the sunny days of summer. Erika Schlick is back to share her favorite ceviche recipe!
1 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (Use code TRAILTOHEALTH for $15 off Wild Alaskan Seafood or 10% your order of Vital Choice)
½ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1½ cup of quartered Cherry tomatoes or Campari tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
1½ cup finely chopped cilantro
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
2 medium avocados, diced
1 jicama, peeled and diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
1. Rinse and dry the shrimp. Remove the tails and cut them into ¼-inch (0.6 cm) pieces. Set aside in a bowl and pour the lemon juice over it. Marinate for at least 30 min or overnight.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, garlic powder, and salt until combined.
3. Drain the shrimp and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro along with any optional add-ins. Stir to combine.
5. Stir in the avocado, cilantro and lime juice mixture.
6. Serve with additional sliced tomato and avocado for garnish and scoop with Siete Grain Free chips.
Find more tasty recipes at trailtohealth.com