If there's a book lover on your holiday shopping list, naturally a book would be a great idea. But why stop there?! Our book reviewer Carole Barrowman is back to share her annual list of gift pairings for the book lover in your life!
For more information on Carole, visit CaroleBarrowman.com. And see below for her pairings!
1. In my mind every writer is a rock star and this pairing will please the punk reader in your life.
Punk Rock Author’s Tote Bag paired with "Pocket Maya Angelou Wisdom" (Hardie Grant)
2. There are lots of biographies about awesome heroic girls, but if you have someone on your list who needs to see herself in stories then this is their pairing. The thing I like most about this poster is that it includes classics like Anne of Anne of Green Gables, but lots of new novels that will be .
Heroic Girls in Books poster paired with the stunning acclaimed graphic novel "The One Hundred Nights of Hero" by Isabel Greenberg (Little Brown & Co) based on twelve traditional folktales retold from a modern perspective. For older readers.
3. Show off your love for books and be chic (or at least standout at your new year parties). Or give this to the favorite teacher or librarian in your life.
Pair this fabulous book skirt with this new book "Ralph Lauren: In His Own Fashion" by Alan Flusser (Harry Abrams). This new book is part biography and part history of American fashion.
4. A perfect pairing for the traveler on your list. This book holder is moldable to the book and your lap and can double as a pillow if the book your reading puts you to sleep. But if you pair it with
“Book Holder and Travel Pillow” paired with one of this year’s best travel book that’s on my list this year, "Literary Places" by Sarah Baxter and Amy Grimes. The book describes and illustrates 25 places where famous books are set. The water color illustrations are beautiful.
5. Finally, this kind of pricey gift may be perfect for the man in your life who is a book lover and difficult to buy for. It’s a lifestyle subscription series that every month sends your book lover a classic book and “select accessories” that pair with the book.