If you're looking to try new foods in 2021 then look no further! Ericka Schlick shares her favorite recipe for Oven Baked Yuca Truffle Fries that are bursting with flavor. If you ask us, it's the perfect starter to the New Year.
- 1 pound yuca, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons parmesan (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons of high quality truffle oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F
2. Peel and cut the yuca into ½ inch wedges (French fry shape and size).
3. In a large saucepan over medium- high heat, fill pot ¾ of the way full with water. Add olive oil and sea salt and boil for 10-15 minutes until edges of fries start to fray a bit. Note: Cassava cannot be eaten raw, and needs to boiled first to remove any cyanide present in the plant.
4. Strain, rinse and pat dry the yuca and lay out on a parchment lined baking sheet, you might need 2 depending the size of your fries.
5. In a small bowl mix the coconut oil, garlic powder and sea salt and use a pastry brush to brush on the yuca fries making sure to coat all edges.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes and flip over halfway through.
7. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before placing in a large bowl.
8. Sprinkle parsley, sea salt and parmesan if using and toss fries in the mixture.
9. Next add 1-2 tablespoons of truffle oil and toss.
10. Serve with favorite dipping sauce like Primal Kitchen Ketchup (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off) or on their own.
Erika Schlick is the author of Wandering Palate, a collection of 28 days of travel inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. The book is a collection of recipes that helped her heal and now she is joining us from her home in Los Angeles to show us how we should be cooking to stay safe and healthy at home.
Wandering Palate has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare at trailtohealth.com.