Juicy, homemade beef meatballs, seasoned with fresh herbs gets served with an easy dairy-free tomato cream sauce. You can serve these meatballs and tomato cream sauce over a grain free pasta or zucchini noodles for a healthy weeknight dinner! Erika Schlick shares this delicious recipe just in time for the holidays.
1 pound Ground Beef (Order grass-fed meat from Butcher Box or US Wellness Meats (15% off first 2 orders) with code TRAILTOHEALTH)
1 egg, beaten
½ cup fresh oregano
¼ cup fresh basil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 (18-ounce) jar crushed tomatoes
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1 teaspoon fresh basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef with the egg, garlic, onion basil, oregano, tomato paste, and salt until combined.
3. Form into 1-inch balls with a meatball maker or by hand and place in a cast iron skillet. Bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
4. While the meatballs are cooking, place a sauce pan over medium heat, and combine all ingredients except for the parsley and bring to a simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Turn heat off and let it cool slightly. Blend sauce by using an immersion blender to thicken.
6. Place the cast iron skillet over medium heat and pour the sauce over and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
7. Serve over zoodles or grain free pasta like Cappellos and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Find more amazing healthy and tasty recipes at thetrailtohealth.com.