Every year, hundreds of lithium coin batteries are accidentally ingested, with more than half being swallowed by children under six. Where are these lithium coin batteries found? They can be found in some devices you may already have in your home: Calculators, TV remotes, digital thermometers, scales and key car fobs, just to name a few. Parenting expert and Pediatrician, Dr. Jen Trachtenberg joins us to discuss Duracell's "Power Safely" campaign, with new lithium coin battery safety features, how you can protect your child, and what to do in an emergency.
Blend Extra: Preventing the Accidental Ingestion of Harmful Batteries
"Power Safely" from Duracell
Posted at 12:54 PM, Nov 04, 2020
and last updated 2020-11-04 13:54:26-05
Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.