An Indiana father is warning fellow parents to check what they give to their kids after he discovered mold in a Capri Sun he was going to give to his son.
In a Facebook post that has gone viral, Cameron Hardwick tells how he discovered the mold in the concealed pouch.
"I grabbed one out of the refrigerator and notice something odd about it... it seems low in content, I take a closer look at the packaging and don't notice a hole or anything. So I shake it up some, only to find an unknown substance floating around in the package," Hardwick said in a post.
In the video, Hardwick is seen cutting open the pouch and pouring the contents into a glass. You see the juice with clumps of mold floating to the top.
Kraft Heinz, the owner of Capri Sun, did reach out the Hardwick and also sent a specialist out to determine the substance. After testing it was confirmed that it was mold found in the drink caused by a small hole in the package that allowed air to get in and create the issue.
The post has been shared nearly 88,000 times. Hardwick also said he will not be buying Capri Suns anymore.