Carnival Cruise Line has advised guests and agents that they will begin cruising again this summer.
Carnival had canceled most of their cruises due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company said this re-start is a part of their first phase in a resumption in the North American service this summer. Beginning on August 1, there will be a total of eight ships from Miami, Port Canaveral, and Galveston -- only.
In connection with the plan, the pause in operations will be extended in all other North American and Australian markets through August 31.
The key elements of this plan include:
- All North American cruises from June 27 to July 31 will be canceled.
- Beginning August 1, we plan to resume cruises on the following ships:
- Galveston: Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, and Carnival Vista
- Miami: Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation
- Port Canaveral: Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation.
- Other than the above-referenced service from Galveston, Miami, and Port Canaveral, all other North American and Australian homeport cruises will be canceled through August 31.
- All Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruises from Seattle will be canceled, as well as the Carnival Spirit Vancouver-Honolulu cruise on September 25 and the Honolulu-Brisbane transpacific cruise on October 6.
- All Carnival Splendor cruises in Australia from June 19 to August 31 will be canceled.
If you are an impacted guest, you will be notified by email, including options for a future cruise credit (FCC) and onboard credit (OBC) or a full refund.
Booked guests can make their selections online.
We are committed to supporting all public health efforts to manage the COVID-19 situation. We are taking a measured approach, focusing our return to service on a select number of homeports where we have more significant operations that are easily accessible by car for the majority of our guests.
We will use this additional time to continue to engage experts, government officials, and stakeholders on other protocols and procedures to protect the health and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we serve. We appreciate the understanding and support of our guests and travel agent partners and look forward to welcoming them on board as the environment for travel and tourism improves.