MILWAUKEE -- With the temperature slowly rising in Milwaukee, here are some weekend events you may want to participate in.
- Veterans Light Up the Arts: This super unique event happens at the Art Museum Friday night and features veteran artists of all stripes. Last year featured the works of veteran painters and photographers, spoken word performances, song and theatrical performances.
- Phantom of the Opera: The show opened this week at the Marcus Performing Arts Center. It’s a new production and one of the largest ever. Tons of performances take place through March 17.
- Milwaukee Fish Fry Tour: Milwaukee Food & City Tours offer this tour only on Fridays during Lent for those who want to learn just why Milwaukeeans hold their fish fry so dear. Plus, you’ll get to try three different fish fries and frozen custard.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Saturday: The parade starts Saturday at noon at Wisconsin Ave. and Old World Third St. and then heads downtown. This year’s parade will have over 140 units, including dance groups and pipe and drum corps.
- Punch Bowl Social opens!:The grand opening party is Saturday evening, so you can check out the food, craft beverages, gaming and live music at the Fiserv Forum plaza’s newest venue.