NewsLocal News

Actions

Two men rescued from structure fire in Racine

Web-Default-Image_1280x720-WTMJ.png
Posted at 10:02 AM, Nov 10, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-10 11:02:24-05

RACINE — The Racine Fire Department rescued two men from a structure fire Sunday morning.

About 3:30 a.m. on Sunday, the Racine Fire Department responded to a fire at 3511 19th St. for a report of a fire on the roof of the residence. According to the fire department, the fire was coming from the north side roof vent.

Fire crews were able to rescue two adult males from the residence. The fire originated in the ceiling above the doorway to the main bedroom where one of the men was sleeping.

There were no injuries, but the damage to the residence is estimated at about $90,000.

The Racine Fire Department says this was an electrical fire.