MILWAUKEE — One person is facing several charges after deputies say they drove the wrong way and killed two people in a crash.
According to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office, the incident occurred 11:12 p.m. on I-43 northbound near Chase Avenue.
When deputies arrived on the scene, they found one vehicle flipped over on its roof in the median distress lane. The other vehicle was facing the wrong way in lanes one and two.
The passenger of the vehicle that was struck, and a passenger of the striking vehicle, were pronounced dead on the scene.
The driver of the vehicle that was struck was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. However, the driver and another passenger of the striking vehicle were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Now, the driver of the striking vehicle is facing the following charges:
- 2 Counts of Reckless Homicide
- 2 Counts Operating While Intoxicated Causing Death
- 2nd Degree Reckless Endangering Safety
- 2 Counts Reckless Injury
- 2 Counts Operating While Suspended Causing Death
- 2 Counts Operating While Suspended Causing Great Bodily Harm