KENOSHA — The teen who is accused of shooting and killing two people and wounding a third during the Kenosha protests following Jacob Blake’s shooting last summer is back in court. Kyle Rittenhouse entered a plea of not guilty to all the charges against him.
“We are here today for arraignment in this matter on behalf of Mr. Rittenhouse,” said Loren Keating, a court commissioner for Kenosha County.
Rittenhouse’s attorney, Mark Richards, entered not guilty pleas to all the charges against him. Rittenhouse, who is now 18 years old, sat mainly silent in his lawyer’s office as the hearing took place over Zoom.
Rittenhouse is accused of killing Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum along with seriously wounding Gaige Grosskreutz. The shootings happened Aug. 25 during the protests in Kenosha. Those followed the shooting of Jacob Blake by Kenosha Police.
Rittenhouse’s attorney has said his client shot in self-defense. During the arraignment, Rittenhouse only spoke when the court commissioner reminded him to follow the terms of his release.
“Any and all previously imposed bond conditions and issues of bail remain full force and effect, you understand that Mr. Rtittenhouse?” asked Keating.
“Yes, sir,” said Rittenhouse.
Rittenhouse was released on a $2 million bail in November after one of his lawyers raised money on his behalf.