The Big Gig is finally here! After months of anticipation, the stages are finally set and the gates are about to open.
Here's your one stop shop for everything you need to know about the “The World's Largest Music Festival,” taking place at Henry Maier Festival Park, this year:
1. WHO IS COMING? With 11 days of music, Summerfest will host more than 800 bands from all different genres. Find a full list of performers here.
2. WHEN IS IT OPEN: The festival will be open from noon to midnight from Wednesday, June 29 until Sunday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 5 until Sunday, July 10. Note: It will be closed on Monday, July 4.
- CONTEST: Win Summerfest Tickets!
3. HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS? General admission is $20, but it depends on the day and time. Find out how to get in for a discounted price here.
4. HOW CAN I GET THERE? The Summerfest grounds may look a little different this year due to construction. The biggest change for people who don't usually travel downtown will likely be construction on the ramp from Lincoln Memorial Drive. Click here for alternative routes, ways to get there without driving and parking information.
- SPECIAL SECTION: Summer(fest) Like a Rock Star!
5. WHAT IS NEW THIS YEAR? There will be increased security at the grounds. Everyone will have to walk through metal detectors, which means longer lines to get in. Officials are also working closely with the Milwaukee Police Department, Department of Homeland Security and FBI to ensure safety. And of course, new foods are being offered. Find some of those options here.