MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee police officer was hospitalized early Monday morning after a rock broke the windshield of their squad car, according to police.
It happened just after midnight Monday morning near Sherman and Burleigh. There's no word on the officer's condition at this time.
Officer taken to hospital for injury after thrown rock breaks windshield of squad near Sherman & Burleigh. pic.twitter.com/At5HDBOXHm
— Milwaukee Police (@MilwaukeePolice) August 15, 2016
The injury occurred while violence erupted in Milwaukee's Sherman Park neighborhood for a second straight night, though to a lesser degree than Saturday when multiple businesses were burned and more than a dozen people were arrested.
Check back often for updates on this developing story
- Volunteers Pour In To Clean Up After Sherman Park Violence
- Sister Of Man Killed Wants Officer Charged Sherman Park Residents Saddened By Saturday Night's Violence
- Milwaukee City Leaders Plead for Calm
- Targeted BP Station Had Strained Relationship With Neighborhood
- WATCH: Crowd burns down BP Gas station
- Officer Shoots, Kills Suspect Near 44th and Auer
- White House: Obama Briefed On Violence In Milwaukee
- Gov. Walker Activates National Guard After Violence In Milwaukee