SHEBOYGAN -- A neighborhood was briefly evacuated after a gas leak in Sheboygan Wednesday.
Fire crews responded to the gas leak just before 10 a.m. at N. 17th Street and St. Clair in Sheboygan.
- Family, Friends Identify Sun Prairie Firefighter Killed In Natural Gas Explosion
- PHOTOS: Gas Explosion Levels Sun Prairie
- Several Injured In Dane County Explosion
- Red Cross: Sun Prairie residents forced to leave homes after explosion
- Drone Footage: Above the aftermath of the Dane County gas line explosion
The leak was caused when construction crews accidentally hit a 2-inch Wisconsin Public Service gas line while doing sewer repair work.
The fire department evacuated homes in the immediate area -- but before noon everyone was allowed back inside.
Beth White’s house just one of several firefighters evacuated as a precaution.
“When they came to do the construction and stuff like that, they mark everything so how does that happen?” said White.
The incident just one day after Sun Prairie’s natural gas explosion that killed volunteer firefighter, Cory Barr.
Brent Dekker who works up the street from where the gas line was hit just heard the report about Sun Prairie on his way into work.
“Fresh in the mind, came into work listening to it on the radio report of it,” said Dekker.
“Puts perspective on what the families went through in Sun Prairie,” he continued.