NewsLocal News


Sheboygan neighborhood briefly evacuated after crews hit gas leak

Posted at 12:29 PM, Jul 11, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-11 15:53:30-04

SHEBOYGAN -- A neighborhood was briefly evacuated after a gas leak in Sheboygan. 

Fire crews responded to the gas leak just before 11 a.m. at N. 17th Street and St. Clair in Sheboygan. 

The leak was caused when crews accidentally hit a Wisconsin Public Service gas line while doing sewer repair work. 

The fire department evacuated homes in the immediate area -- but before Noon everyone was allowed back inside.

No other information has been released. 

Stay with TODAY'S TMJ4 for further updates on this developing story.