The Milwaukee post office is looking for city carrier assistants to help sort and deliver mail, with a starting salary of $16.41 an hour.
The post office is accepting applications from Nov. 6-11 online at the employment page of the USPS website.
No experience is needed and training is provided. The position is part of a supplemental workforce that is not to exceed 360 days. However, reemployment after a 5-day break is possible.
“We’re looking for motivated applicants,” said Acting Postmaster Wanda Prater. “These positions startout as temporary positions, but can lead to career positions for people who are dedicated.”
Requirements and duties for the positions include:
- Sorting, delivering, collecting mail on foot and/or by vehicle under a variety of weather conditions
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive customer service experience
- Carrying up to 35 pounds in a shoulder satchel with occasional lifting up to 70 pounds
- Must be flexible and willing to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in high school
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass drug screening
- Must have valid driver’s license (2 years continuous)
- Must have good driving record
- Must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident alien status