OSCEOLA, Wis. — A rapid spreading fire destroyed a garage and home in Fond Du Lac county Sunday.
Around 10:30 a.m. the Fond Du Lac Sheriff's Office, along with 11 different fire departments, responded to a fire at a residence that belongs to Jeff and Deborah McCarey in the Town of Osceola.
According to the Fond Du Lac County Sheriff's Office, the cause of the fire is believed to be a faulty extension cord in a nearby room in the garage. The fire spread quickly and completely destroyed both the house and the garage. Two vehicles in the garage were also destroyed.
Everyone evacuated the residence safely, and are now receiving assistance from the Red Cross. There were no injuries as a result of the fire.