MADISON, Wis. (WISC) - Multiple outdoor recreation stores will close their doors in Wisconsin next month, according to the state Department of Workforce Development.
DWD said Monday that Gander Mountain plans to close nine facilities, affecting 371 employees, on Aug. 30 or shortly thereafter.
Stores in the following areas are closing:
- Baraboo (315 W. Pine Street, West Baraboo, WI 53913)
- Franklin (6939 South 27th Street, Franklin, WI 53132)
- Green Bay (2323 Woodman Drive, Green Bay, WI 54303)
- Janesville (2900 Deerfield Drive, #8, Janesville, WI 53546)
- Kenosha (6892 118th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53140)
- LaCrosse/Onalaska (1200 Crossing Meadows Drive, Onalaska, WI 54650)
- Madison/DeForest (6199 Metro Drive, DeForest, WI 53532)
- Waukesha (2440 E. Moreland Boulevard, Waukesha, WI 53186)
- Wausau/Rothschild (1560 County Road XX, Rothschild, WI 54474)
- According to the company website, Gander Mountain has a total of 13 stores in Wisconsin.
Gander Mountain, headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, said on its Facebook page Friday that 126 stores nationwide are "closing forever."