Fire in West Allis sparks a reminder about candles

The fire chief uses the fire as a warning

WEST ALLIS -- The West Allis Fire Chief is using a weekend apartment fire as a reminder about candle use during the holiday season. 

The fire happened Sunday at a senior living facility near 118th and Cleveland in West Allis.

The fire was believed to be caused by a burning candle. One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation but they are expected to be okay.  

The West Allis Fire Chief warns people not to light any candles and leave them unattended, or fall asleep with them burning. 

Print this article Back to Top