NewsLocal News

Actions

Eight calves die in Washington County barn fire

Web-Default-Image_1280x720-WTMJ.png
Posted at 7:46 AM, Mar 18, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-18 08:47:34-04

A running heat lamp is believed to be the cause of a barn fire that left eight calves dead in the Town of Barton.

Just after 2 a.m. Sunday, the Washington County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a fully engulfed barn near Ridge and Townville Road.

The homeowners safely evacuated the residence and the flames were extinguished after about an hour with response from numerous fire departments.

While eight calves died, all other cows were out to pasture at the time of the fire.

The home went undamaged, however estimates of the barn are said to be over $200,000 with the barn and contents being a total loss.