NewsLocal News


Dog dies in Village of Yorkville house fire

Posted at 4:06 PM, Dec 01, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-01 17:06:30-05

A house fire in the Village of Yorkville left one dog dead Saturday morning.

A Racine County Sheriff's Deputy reported to the Harvest View Estates after a property owner called and said her sunroom was on fire at 10:34 a.m.

When the deputy arrived the home was engulfed in flames and black smoking filled the area.

The homeowner said she was the only person inside, but that she was unable to retrieve one of her two dogs. Unfortunately, the deputy was unable to enter the property due to the scale of the fire.

The dog was later found inside deceased.

The Racine County Arson Task Force says the fire started in the "Florida Room" and was most likely due to an electrical issue

No first responders were injured on the scene.