NewsLocal News


Child rescued by Cottage Grove first responders after chocking on toy

Posted at 9:04 PM, Nov 30, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-30 22:04:04-05

Cottage Grove first responders are being credited with saving a boy's life after removing a toy the child was choking on.

According to a Facebook post, the boy was playing when he stuck a toy cucumber in his mouth and began to choke.

First responders were able to remove the toy before taking the boy to intensive care to have surgery.

The mother expressed her gratitude, saying that while she "thought he was going to die in my arms," first responders from Deer Grove EMS and Cottage Grove police remained calm and controlled while saving his life.

The boy is now recovering from surgery and is expected to be just fine.