NewsLocal News

Actions

Dehumidifier set fire in Fillmore

Posted: 4:13 PM, Sep 08, 2018
Updated: 2018-09-08 17:13:04-04
Dehumidifier set fire in Fillmore
Dehumidifier set fire in Fillmore

The Fillmore Fire Department received a call on Friday about smoke in a basement. The smoke was a product of a dehumidifier that set fire. 

The homeowner was alerted of the fire by smoke detectors and was able to extinguish it before it caused more damage.

The fire department is reminding all homeowners to make sure your dehumidifiers aren't on the recall list , especially with all of the wet weather recently.