NewsLocal News


Court records show how victim helped Milwaukee Police track down hit-and-run car

Posted at 12:53 AM, Nov 16, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-16 01:58:38-05

MILWAUKEE — Newly released court documents are providing details into the night that a family of 4 was struck while crossing the intersection of 6th and Juneau while heading to a show at Fiserv Forum.

Tony and Danielle Eager were crossing the street with their 5 and 8 year old boys when they were struck near the intersection of 6th Street and Juneau last weekend. The silver Chevy Malibu involved was turning left and hit them before quickly taking off, leading police on a tireless search for the vehicle.

eager family.JPG
Danielle (left) and Tony Eager with their two sons.

"A car came around really fast, police said about 35-40 miles an hour, and hit all of us," said Danielle Eager.

After Danielle rolled off of the vehicle, Eager's husband quickly looked for the license plate, making out the partial plate of "KCV," registered in Texas.

Once he reported the partial license plate to investigators, police visited rental car agencies around Milwaukee County, discovering that Hertz at Milwaukee International Airport was missing a silver Chevy Malibu with Texas license plates. The plate matched a key detail observed by Tony Eager, the partial Texas license plate of "KCV" seen after the accident.

"When he drove off the first thing I could think of was just, get the plate, get the plate, get the plate," said Tony Eager. "I kept yelling KCV, KCV, KCV. The first three letters."

Police said the missing Chevy Malibu plate was KCV 0121. Officers discovered the vehicle at a Milwaukee tow lot with "damage to the hood, bumper and windshield." Investigastors believe that the damage is consistent with a pedestrian accident. Police are now attempting to get DNA and fingerprints from the car to match to the suspects.

"They almost took my whole family away. I have no sympathy for them. None. I don't care if they rot in jail for for the rest of their lives," said Danielle Eager.

Police have a man and woman in custody, however they have not been charged.