Project Clean & Green (PCG) is a citywide program designed to foster neighborhood pride through coordinated pickup of excess household debris, street and alley sweeping, nuisance inspections, graffiti removal, and other neighborhood beautification activities sponsored by community agencies.
How it works:
- Normally, residents are charged $50 - $150 for all bulky item pick-up requests larger than one (1) cubic yard (about the size of an easy chair). However, during a resident's Project Clean & Green week, DPW crews will pick up unwanted household items at no charge to the resident.
- All City of Milwaukee residents are assigned to one of seven Project Clean & Green "zones". Residents are encouraged to set out their extra unwanted items on their regular garbage collection day during their designated Project Clean & Green zone week.
- On their PCG pickup day, residents should place their unwanted furniture, mattresses, household items, up to two (2) cubic yards of tree trimmings and leaves, yard and garden waste, and up to five (5) tires at their regular garbage collection point -either the curb or alley line.
- For curb pick-up, please ensure that all items, including brush and leaves, are kept out of the street and instead placed along the area between the sidewalk and curb, on the lawn edge if there is no sidewalk, or at the end of the driveway.
- For alley collection, place items at the alley line.
What DPW will not pick up during Project Clean & Green:
- TVs and other electronics, such as computers, printers, scanners, tablets, etc.
- Construction debris
- Paint and paint thinner, motor oil, and other hazardous waste
Many of these items can be taken to either of two City Drop Off Centers for proper disposal. For a list of accepted items, Center locations and hours of operation, go to the DPW Drop Off Centers web page. For household hazardous waste, see mmsd.com for information on three permanent sites as well as mobile collection events.
If residents miss their PCG pick-up date, please use the Drop Off Centers to dispose of your items. Additionally,
brush collection of up to two cubic yards is provided at no charge by request from April through November.
For more information on Project Clean and Green, go to milwaukee.gov/mpw or call 286-CITY (2489).
Be sure and watch TODAY'S TMJ4 on Roku! We are the only station in Milwaukee to provide the latest news, weather and sports on the device. Search for us on Roku today!