It was an emotional evening at the Sun Prairie Fire Department on Wednesday as Gavin Martin, the 5-year old who r aised more than $6,000 for the firefighters , stopped in for a visit.
- Family, Friends Identify Sun Prairie Firefighter Killed In Natural Gas Explosion
- PHOTOS: Gas Explosion Levels Sun Prairie
- Several Injured In Dane County Explosion
- Red Cross: Sun Prairie residents forced to leave homes after explosion
- Drone Footage: Above the aftermath of the Dane County gas line explosion
Martin aspires to be a firefighter when he grows up and wanted to help the Sun Prairie Fire Department after a gas explosion earlier this month killed firefighter Cory Barr and seriously injured firefighter Ryan Welch.
So Martin set up a lemonade stand in front of his home, and he and his family worked it tirelessly, for 30 hours, to raise money for Sun Prairie F.D.
In total, they brought in more than $6-thousand, which Martin handed over to Welch at the fire department on Wednesday evening.
Martin’s parents said it’s now up to the Sun Prairie Fire Department to distribute the money where it’s needed.