TEAM USA MEDAL RACE UPDATE 02/14/2022
Day 10 was a banner one for Team USA, which collected four medals across three events at the 2022 Winter Olympics.
At the conclusion of competition on Day 10 (Monday, Feb. 14) here are some notes and the medal chart:
- It was Team USA’s best day in terms of number of medals won: four. The previous best was Day 6 (Feb. 10): three gold
- Monobob is the last of the seven new events to be competed at these Winter Games. Top medal winners in the new events:
- USA - five medals (3 gold, 2 silver)
- CAN - four medals (4 bronze)
- CHN – three medals (2 gold, 1 silver)
- Four medal events were contested on Feb. 14. Women’s Slopestyle Freestyle Skiing originally scheduled for Feb. 14 was moved to Feb. 15 due to weather conditions.
- 69 of 109 events have been completed. 40 to go.
Just past the midpoint of medals awarded, Team USA is hoping to improve on its solid fourth-place finish in 2018, when its 23 medals trailed Norway (39), Germany (31), and Canada (29).
The Americans also had the fourth-most gold medals in 2018 with nine, but have now not claimed a Day 1 medal at consecutive Olympics.
Team USA is chasing its medal-best standard of 34 overall with 10 golds on home turf in Salt Lake City during the 2002 Winter Olympics.
WINTER OLYMPICS MEDAL COUNT FOR 02/14/2022
See the live medal count for full medal standings and results from the 2022 Winter Olympics, updated in real-time throughout each competition day.