WAUKESHA COUNTY — Several state shooting ranges are opening back up on May 14, under special conditions.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources said that eight shooting ranges were reopening beginning May 14.
The ranges that will reopen will have operations modified to maintain a safe environment for guests and staff.
DNR said that it would capacity limits may be in place to limit the number of shooters on the range or in the clubhouse to ensure social distancing.
- Coronavirus in Wisconsin: Live Updates From Across the State
- The Rebound Milwaukee: Resources For Getting Back To Normal
- We're Open: These Restaurants Are Still Offering Carryout And Delivery
The following ranges are reopening: McMiller Sports Center, Waukesha County
- Boulder Junction, Vilas County
- Caywood, Vilas County
- Hay Creek, Price County
- Snaketrack, Iron County
- Northwoods, Iron County
- Wautoma, Waushara County
- Yellowstone, Lafayette County
The remaining three state shooting ranges will remain closed because of spring construction, ground conditions and staffing needs:
- Columbia, Columbia County
- Peshtigo, Marinette County
- Cornell, City of Cornell, Chippewa County
Visitors are encouraged to bring their own face masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.