GREEN BAY — Faced with a season expected to have severe limitations on attendance at its games and no tailgating in the parking lots, the Green Bay Packers are reaching out to get a sense of what fans are thinking.
The team said in a release it has sent a questionnaire to season ticket holders asking them to choose whether they’d like to “opt in” or “opt out” for an opportunity to purchase tickets this season. Whichever they choose, season ticket holders' status for 2021 will remain the same.
There's a chance the Packers will be unable to host fans for games this season, but if the team is allowed it is working to implement NFL-required precautions. These could change from game to game and may include the number of tickets available for each game.
Season ticket holders are asked in the questionnaire, regardless of whether they "opt in" or "opt out," to choose if they want their 2020 payment refunded or applied to 2021 season.
Fans should consider a list of safety protocols the Packers expect to be in at games at Lambeau Field this season when making their choice.
- Significantly reduced capacity of the stadium due to social distancing parameters.
- Mobile tickets will be used as the primary method for stadium entry.
- Enhanced cleaning measures both on gamedays and non-gamedays.
- Hand sanitizer stations present throughout the concourses.
- Face coverings will be required unless you are eating or drinking.
- All concessions and merchandise locations will be cashless.
- Food and Beverage sales from the aisles in the general bowl will be discontinued and In-Seat Service will not be available on the Club Level.
- Tailgating may be prohibited within Lambeau Field lots.
The deadline to complete the questionnaire is Friday, July 31.
Season ticket holders who "opt in" will receive information on how to access a presale opportunity to purchase single-game tickets. No guarantees to the same seats, number of seats, or receiving any seats will apply due to the uncertain amount of available tickets.
Due to the pandemic, if a Season Ticket Holder who purchases tickets to a game decides to sell their tickets on the secondary market, the resale will be restricted to the entire number of seats owned for each game.
For example, ticket holders who purchase four seats together will not be allowed to break the seats up into pairs and resell them; all four tickets would need to be resold as a unit.