MILWAUKEE — The Housing Authority for the city of Milwaukee has announced a waitlist lottery for those who wish to apply for rental assistance.
Those who meet a list of criteria are allowed to pre-apply for the rental assistance waitlist lottery. From these applications, a random lottery will be held to select 3,000 households for the waitlist.
- The Rebound Milwaukee: Resources For Getting Back To Normal
- We're Open: These Restaurants Are Still Offering Carryout And Delivery
Those 3,000 households will be placed on a waitlist for the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8).
To qualify for the pre-application, the head of the household must be at least 18-years-old. The total household income must not exceed limits set by the the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban development. Those limits are:
- 1 person household: $29,350
- 2 person household: $33,550
- 3 person household: $37,750
- 4 person household: $41,900
- 5 person household: $45,300
- 6 person household: $48,650
- 7 person household: $52,000
- 8 person household: $55,350
The pre-application lottery opens at 9 a.m. on June 23 and will remain open through 6 p.m. on June 25. Thanks to this being a lottery system, there are no perks to being the first to apply, nor are there deficits for being the last.
Applications for this lottery are only being accepted online. To apply and for more information, click here.