MILWAUKEE — The ‘big gig’ is starting to wind down, but the weekend is just beginning in Milwaukee with plenty of things left to do in the city.
- On Friday or Sunday night catch Shakespeare in the Park at the Peck Pavilion outside the Marcus Center for Performing Arts. This year’s performance includes the Bard’s “The Comedy of Errors.”
- Head to Eagle just outside Milwaukee to see a Historic Baseball Game at Old World Wisconsin on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. That means the teams will play the game as it was played in the 19th century. That includes a chance for audience participation.
- A somewhat surprising act at Summerfest this year? The Florentine Opera is set to preform on the Johnson Controls World Sound Stage at 2pm on Sunday. Attendees will get to hear Milwaukee’s finest opera singers perform the classics at the world’s largest outdoor music festival.
- Two opportunities for beer garden yoga this weekend: Head to Estabrook’s beer garden Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. or head to Waukesha County’s Minooka Park beer garden at 3pm on Saturday to pair your suds with your shavasana.
- If you’re looking for a totally free event, take a self-guided walking tour of Sculpture Milwaukee. Read about the works on the placards on the street or download the Sculpture Milwaukee app to hear the audio tour. Don’t forget to snap a pic of the giant Carlos Rolon work that covers the Chase building’s “birdcage” structure! The tour is a great way to get a few steps in and take in international – and local – large-scale works of art.
For more information on Milwaukee events, click here.