People from far and wide travel to Milwaukee every year for the Big Gig— this year, there are even more ways to get to there.
850,000 people are expected at the 'World's Largest Musical Festival' and Summerfest encourages you to plan ahead. Between ride-share options, biking and driving, you can now add The Hop to your list of ways to commute to the festival grounds.
If you're thinking of different ways to get downtown, we created a guide with your best options.
Uber is the Official Rideshare Provider of Summerfest:
- Fest-goers can easily meet their drivers at the Uber Zone, located outside the Summerfest Mid Gate at E. Chicago & N. Jackson St.
- Riders are encouraged to walk to the Rider Lounge at Chicago St. to call and wait for their Uber.
The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) offers convenient options to get you to the Summerfest gates:
- Purchase a fare in advance .
- Flyer rides are offered every 15 minutes on weekends.
- From the platforms, it’s just a 10-minute walk via N. Broadway and E. Chicago St. to festival gates.
Bus Shuttle Services:
- Traveling from Madison? catch a Badger Bus.
- Local bike-sharing company Bublr Bikes has over 92 stations and 700 bikes.
- If you decide to ride your own bike to Summerfest, bike parking is available outside of the mid gates.
Driving is also an option, however parking is limited:
- Parking options are available on the grounds. The A-lot will cost $40 per day, and is already sold out on several days.
- The P-lot costs $25 per day, and is also sold out on some days.
For more information on the Big Gig, visit their website.