There was a major change for Milwaukee area commuters Tuesday.
The Zipper Merge lanes at I-41/894 North were reopened shortly after 5 a.m.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, the following changes will occur:
- I-41/894 North to I-94 West system ramp access will be moved to the right-hand lane.
- The northbound Greenfield Avenue entrance ramp will reopen and be accessible to I-94 East only.
- The National Avenue entrance ramp to I-41/894 North will reopen.
- The WIS 100 northbound entrance ramp to I-43 will reopen.
- The decision poin to travel to I-94 East, from I-41/894 North, will be move 1/2 mile to the south and will be located at Greenfield Avenue.
Another zipper merge at remains in place at I-94 East at Sunnyslope Road to Highway 100.